• KPMG Regional ESG Hubs to be established in Europe, Asia Pacific and the Americas to help shoppers on their ESG journey
• KPMG Rising Markets Accelerators to ship region-specific help and financing experience to assist growing nations
• Collaborations with College of Cambridge Decide Enterprise College and New York College (NYU) Stern College of Enterprise Government Schooling to supply complete ESG coaching for all colleagues
• KPMG companies will co-create and ship ESG companies with an ecosystem of world-leading alliances
The collective funding will concentrate on coaching and increasing KPMG’s international workforce, harnessing information, accelerating the event of recent applied sciences, and driving motion by means of partnerships, alliances and advocacy. The important thing to the transformation will likely be embedding ESG within the group and consumer options to drive measurable change.
The brand new international ESG technique focuses on 5 precedence areas:
5 newly devoted Hubs are to be established to supply world-class experience and options on key ESG points, these will concentrate on:
• International Decarbonization, serving to massive multinational companies meet their net-zero commitments and plan their decarbonization journey, and
• International ESG Advisory, backed by Advisory groups from KPMG companies, providing market-leading ESG experience together with management on societal points and options.
• Three KPMG Regional ESG Hubs may also be established in Europe, Asia Pacific and the Americas to permit shoppers easy accessibility to world-class insights and experience throughout the ESG agenda.
KPMG will spend money on its main local weather and ESG options and applied sciences, together with Local weather IQ, a digital instrument that helps shoppers establish alternatives and dangers arising from local weather change. To enrich the technological investments, the worldwide group may also broaden its workforce, each for ESG advisory work and to supply assurance on ESG disclosures. Moreover, KPMG will develop its proprietary audit workflow expertise to allow supply of ESG assurance with the identical high quality and rigor that KPMG companies apply to monetary audit work.
ESG coaching will likely be offered to the entire KPMG group’s 227,000 folks to make sure that everyone seems to be empowered to be an agent of constructive change. As a part of this coaching, KPMG is working with two main international educational establishments, College of Cambridge Decide Enterprise College and NYU Stern Government Schooling:
• The College of Cambridge Decide Enterprise College partnership will construct ESG expertise together with the event of a studying framework and options to be utilized throughout the KPMG international group, led by the enterprise faculty school and different consultants related to the college, starting with a whole bunch of enterprise leaders and with the ambition to achieve all KPMG folks across the globe.
• The NYU Stern Government Schooling collaboration will see the co-creation of a sustainability program for KPMG within the type of government training.
3. Supporting growing nations
KPMG will launch KPMG Rising Markets Accelerators for growing nations within the Jap Mediterranean, Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America. The aim of those Rising Markets Accelerators is to make sure areas of the world missing experience and assets could have a trusted advisor to help their financial and social growth in step with the UN Sustainable Growth Objectives.
4. Collaborations and Alliances
KPMG acknowledges that the world’s points won’t be solved by anybody group alone, which is why the worldwide group is constructing on its collaboration with exterior organizations together with UNESCO, Enactus and the International Reporting Initiative.
5. Listening and taking motion
To assist help the engagement pillar of its international ESG technique, KPMG can be launching a brand new marketing campaign referred to as ‘Voices for a Sustainable Future’, providing a platform to amplify the views of established and new thinkers, giving voice to essential points — from local weather change to gender and race equality. This system will generate actionable insights to assist speed up the journey in the direction of a extra sustainable future.
Invoice Thomas, KPMG’s International Chairman and CEO mentioned: “The way you develop issues, and what labored for us and different companies up to now won’t work sooner or later. The world faces crises on a number of fronts, which is why we’re placing the Environmental, Social and Governance agenda on the coronary heart of the whole lot we do. ESG would be the watermark operating by means of our international group; from empowering our folks to change into brokers of constructive change, to the companies with our shoppers and our partnerships with essential stakeholders. KPMG has the worldwide scale, experience, expertise, and relationships that give us the flexibility and duty to make use of our place to supply options and companies to beat the challenges dealing with our planet and society.”
Richard Threlfall, International Head of ESG and KPMG IMPACT mentioned: “It’s incumbent on all of us — as companies and as people — to play our half in tackling the challenges that threaten the way forward for our planet and the standard of life of individuals all through the world. Our international ESG technique will assist equip our folks to make a distinction, in addition to mobilize information and expertise in help. However we additionally acknowledge that the modifications society is demanding will likely be realized most successfully by means of open collaboration primarily based on belief, and we are going to proceed to hunt out alternatives to companion with different organizations that share our sense of function to allow a greater future for everybody, in every single place.”
KPMG’s International Head of Company Affairs, Jane Lawrie, commented: “We all know that KPMG and our career have an necessary and urgent alternative to speed up the change wanted for a sustainable future; that change begins with us. Our Impression Plan, launched in January, lays out how we intend to alter our actions and commits to report towards our progress so we will be held to account.
“The ESG agenda is as necessary to our folks as it’s to shoppers; these vital modifications outlined at the moment additional reinforce KPMG’s function to Encourage Confidence and Empower Change and act as a north star for a way we develop the group.”
About KPMG Worldwide: KPMG is a world group of unbiased skilled companies companies offering Audit, Tax and Advisory companies. We function in 146 nations and territories and in FY20 had near 227,000 folks working in member companies around the globe. Every KPMG agency is a legally distinct and separate entity and describes itself as such.
KPMG Worldwide Restricted is a non-public English firm restricted by assure. KPMG Worldwide Restricted and its associated entities don’t present companies to shoppers.
About KPMG IMPACT: Launched in June 2020, KPMG IMPACT is the accelerator for KPMG’s international ESG technique. It’s the platform which helps and empowers KPMG professionals as they help shoppers in fulfilling their function, reaching their ESG objectives, and supporting the world’s attainment of the UN Sustainable Growth Objectives. It helps shoppers throughout ESG & Sustainability, Financial & Social Growth, Sustainable Finance, Local weather Change & Decarbonization, and Measurement, Assurance & Reporting.
About KPMG: Our Impression Plan: KPMG: Our Impression Plan is the group’s first-ever international environmental, social and governance (ESG) plan, bringing collectively new and present ESG commitments below one umbrella, specializing in 4 necessary classes: Planet, Folks, Prosperity and Governance.
KPMG will proceed to strengthen its commitments outlined within the plan and enhance reporting on our progress within the months and years to come back.
Mark Walters, International Head of Communications
Supply: KPMG Worldwide